Thursday 21 January 2016

Ricky Martin: I am ready to get married now



Ricky Martin said he was looking to 'connect' with someone

Singer Ricky Martin has said he hopes to get married, and that marriage is “important”, but that a connection is more important than looks.

The 43-year-old broke up with Carlos Gonzalez Abella in January last year, and now said he hopes to walk down the aisle with someone he connects with in future.

He said: “For me that paper is important. I also love the romanticism behind it.

“I am single now after seven years. I meet people. I’m fine. I meet very handsome men. I like to have a conversation, looking into someone’s eyes and finding out their sense of humour. I’m not saying you have to be an Adonis, but you have to connect.”

The singer, who has six-year-old twins Matteo and Valentino who were born using a surrogate in 2008, said he is careful who he brings into their family home.

He told the Sun: “We’re all men. It’s in our DNA to go for it. But I have two boys and I cannot bring different men every day into my house.”

On Carlos, he said: “He comes to see the kids. There was a year of silence but now we’re buddies.

“I try to keep my life very civilised, that’s what I need for the well-being of my children.

“The first year as a single father with twins was insanity. I had eye bags down to my knees but it was the most beautiful year of my life.”

Going on, the Livin’ La Vida Loca star said he hopes his family will only get bigger.

He said: “I am only starting. I want a bigger family. Let’s see what happens next year.

“I’m also seeing the possibility of adopting. But in some countries as a single man it’s kind of difficult, if not impossible. But it’s worth a try.”

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Bluehost Review